A lot has changed since I started this blog, one of them being my original plan on building my first from scratch. This is still the ultimate goal, but in the meantime, I was given an amazing gift!
I am super excited to get started on this kit, hopefully this weekend! My plan is to make it into a creepy witchy haunted house type, plus I want to add an addition to one side, open the staircase up, and make a full old school fireplace with the whole cauldron over the fire look. I am also going to do a stone look to the exterior and possibly add to the grounds a little to try and add a mini cemetery of sorts. Lots of ideas!!
Right now I have been trying to get my work table done for it. I picked up a free table a couple months ago for miniature work, and had a friend cut down the overall size of the table but I later found out the bolts used for attaching the legs were completely warped and I had no way of getting them on. I had wanted the table a few inches shorter anyway so after a visit home I brought back a couple little handsaws and hacked away at the legs to cut off the tops with the bolts in. Of course they were horribly uneven and such, but thankfully my superintendent let me borrow his palm sander, and today I set about getting them as even and level as possible. Back and arms are shot, but tomorrow the fiance will help me in drilling long screws through the table top and into the legs. I may add wood glue or filler to help stabilize if needed, but will use filler in the screw divots and I think around the edge(s) as it's quite rough from where it was cut.
Once the table is ready to go, I will begin organizing and sorting through pieces of the dollhouse and get to cutting the pieces out for sanding and to begin dry fitting. I really hope to get everything ready for painting and wallpapering by the time classes start next month so that I will be onto the fun part of the build to escape to when overwhelmed with homework, etc heh
I hope to document the process here, and will share any tips, or sort of tutorials for items I will create from recycled materials, as I love being able to reuse things found in everyday life!
I hope you will join me on this journey into the life of miniatures!

No comments:
Post a Comment